Video Marketing Trends & Statistics You Need to Know
PROOF YOU’RE DOING IT RIGHT
Video is playing an increasingly important role in marketing. But the truth is, video is already a crucial tool marketers are using to increase engagement and brand exposure online.
If your marketing team needs any more convincing that they should go ahead with a new video marketing strategy, here are some compelling trends and statistics. If you’re already using video in your marketing efforts, then the following data will reassure you that you are well on track.
- PEOPLE ARE CONSUMING MORE VIDEO
Whether it’s on our work computer, mobile phones, or tablets, we are constantly connected to devices that are capable of playing video. With enhanced networks, people can stream high-quality video anywhere, at any time.
- 100 million hours of video are watched on Facebook every day.
- Your customers are exposed to nearly 6 hours of video content a day
- By 2021, internet video traffic will account for nearly 80% of all consumer internet traffic
- Video drives, on average, a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines
- Social videos typically gets shared at rates of 8x-10x higher than text or images alone
- VIDEO IS BECOMING LESS INTRUSIVE
When they first arrived, YouTube pre-roll ads were viewed as annoying or distracting. There are many reasons why that is no longer the case. People have also become accustomed to seeing video content everywhere. Naturally, over time, marketers have become better at providing optimal content – and audiences have grown to respond with enthusiasm.
- In a study, 44% of respondents, said commercials during digital video are less intrusive than during linear TV
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television
- 96% of online shoppers find videos helpful when making purchase decisions online.
- VIDEO IS DELIVERING HIGHER ROI’S
More marketers creating more videos, but they are also beginning to understand the incredible value behind them.
- A landing page with a video can increase conversions by more than 86%
- The average user will spend almost 90% more time on a website that has video
- Companies employing video will receive nearly 40% more web traffic than non-users
- 70% of marketing professionals cite video as the type of content responsible for delivering the best ROI
- The average cost per marketing-generated leads is nearly 20% lower for companies using video
- VIDEO IS BECOMING MORE INTERACTIVE
Instead of one-sided conversations, viewers can interact with video content by answering questions to change the course of the video. This means more engagement and a higher likelihood that the viewer will convert to a customer.
- Interactivity results in 3x-4x greater viewer engagement and conversion then traditional linear video.
- As compared to flat video, interactive videos have a 44% longer viewing time
- 35% of marketers reported increased conversions when using interactive video
- PERSONALIZED VIDEOS ARE THE NEXT GENERATION OF VIDEO
Your customers are the most interested in personally relevant content. Personalized video is the best way to grab and retain your audience’s attention.
- 79% of consumers say they are only likely to engage with an offer if it has been personalized to reflect previous interactions the consumer has had with the brand.
- 88% of marketers in the US reported seeing improvements due to personalized content.
- Nearly 80% of internet users in the US say personally relevant content will increase their purchase intent.
- When there is a lack of content relevancy, the average campaign can expect an 83% lower response rate.
See in the video below, how quick it is to gather some key information from a customer and create a personalized video experience to illustrate best what one company can do to benefit a customer’s personal mortgage situation.
What are your thoughts on the trends and data we listed above? It can be hard to predict exactly what the future of video will look like. What we can be certain of is that video is poised to continue play an increased role in our everyday lives As marketers, we’ll either have to increase our use of video, or risk becoming irrelevant.
For more information like how to personalize your customer journey, stay tuned to the BlueRush blog.
Blog PostsLast month we attended Finovate’s fall conference in New York where we had the chance to meet up with Medici...
Blog PostsTrying to make a bill attractive for a customer is an example of the cliché statement “putting lipstick on a...
Blog PostsINVOICES OR STATEMENTS CAN BE AN IDEAL RECURRING OPPORTUNITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS. 1960 – That...
Blog PostsINDIVIDEO IS OUR INTERACTIVE AND PERSONALIZED VIDEO PLATFORM. Using a combination of real-time...
This video walks through how personalized video can be used in a mortgage calculator to streamline the customer exper...
This video introduces IndiVideo and demonstrates multiple potential use cases for personalized video across the custo...